John T. Campo Jr., AIA, has successfully managed a wide range of complex design and construction projects. His hands-on approach to project management and his unyielding commitment to client service is reflected in the firm's long-standing relationships with several prominent national leaders in the hospitality and healthcare industries. With a full scope of design services from programming and planning to schematic design and sustainability, John Campo and his associates have a growing national reputation for their ability to deliver high-quality, comprehensive professional services to both large and small clients across the country.
Campo Architects provides a wide range of services:
- Master Planning
- Construction Administration
- Construction Documentation
- Design Development
- Historic Preservation
- Schematic Design
- Feasibility Studies
- Sustainable Design
- Interior Design
Historic Tax Credits
For more than 30 years, Campo Architects has successfully completed historic adaptive re-use projects. Both our specialized knowledge of historic architecture and our full range of specialized tax incentive services have created equity and secured financing for projects.
We work with owners and developers to maximize the power of incentives such as Federal Historic Tax Credits and New Market Tax Credits. We have built trusted relationships with historic landmarks commissions, state historic preservation offices, the National Park Service, tax credit investors, lending institutions for bridge financing, and Community Development Entities (CDEs).
Throughout our 30 years of experience in tax credit services, we have successfully orchestrated tax incentives for projects totaling more than $1 billion. We improve the financial bottom line for our clients by deriving free equity for their projects by monetizing State and Federal Historic Tax Credits and New Market Tax Credits. Campo has delivered large-scale historic adaptive re-use projects for the hospitality, multi-family and medical sectors. Our award-winning architectural projects illustrate our commitment to excellence.
Campo Architects provides the following Historic Tax Credit services:
- Identify Qualified Reimbursable Expenses (QREs)
- Review of potential Historic Tax Incentives (HTC)
- Assistance in identifying tax credit investors
- Preparation of applications for the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) and National Park Service (NPS)
- Documentation of existing conditions for HTC lender and investor applications
- Conduct meetings with local Historic Commission
- Coordination of legal and accounting team
- Revise applications and project scope per Local, State and Federal Conditions for Approval
New Market Tax Credits
Campo Architects provides the following New Market Tax Credit Services:
- Analyze budget restraints
- Identify funding sources and uses
- Review of contractor construction cost estimate
- Develop financial projections
- Historic Commission analysis
- Analyze requirements from regulatory agencies
- Review local zoning requirements