At Campo Architects, we have some outstanding employees on our team. Each month, we’ll be turning the spotlight on one of our team members responsible for bringing our designs to life. Get to know Project Manager, Amy Finklea.
1. What first inspired you to pursue a career in architecture? Did you have any mentors that encouraged you?
I actually started out majoring in Interior Design for one quarter. My college advisor recommended that I switch over to Architecture based on my work product and ethic.
2. How do you like to spend your free time?
I love spending time with family. My other hobbies include photography and painting.
3. What has been your favorite project to work on so far?
I would have to say the Dillard Camphor/Hartzel dormitories. Not for its outstanding Architectural design, but rather for the learning experience I encountered on the project. This project occurred at a pivotal point in my career and I learned so much from it.
4. What advice would you give others considering a career in architecture?
Architecture is not for the faint of heart. This is something John mentions often and it’s true. It takes dedication and hard work. What you learn in school barely scratches the surface of what Architecture is as a profession.
5. Share a few things on your “bucket list” with us.
My bucket list needs revamping. Get married…check. Buy a house…check. Start a family…check. After starting a family, I haven’t had much time to think about what’s next on the bucket list other than survive. Kids are so much fun!