At Campo Architects, we have some outstanding employees on our team. Each month, we’ll be turning the spotlight on one of our team members responsible for bringing our designs to life. Get to know Job Captain, Katherine Mason.
1. What is your favorite part of the design process?
Schematic Design. I love the challenge of creating a conceptual design with spacial relationships that begin to respond to the client's program and goals.
2. Describe your job in three words.
Complex problem solving.
3. What inspired you to pursue a career in architecture?
I've always enjoyed art and design, and have been inspired by the built environment around me since I was young. My father is an architect, and I used to spend evenings at a miniature drafting table next to his.
4. If you had to choose one last meal, what would it be?
Pasta! (and a bottle of wine, of course).
5. What would people never guess you do in your role?
I have currently been coordinating structural and electrical requirements for a Seismosaurus installation (that's a very large dinosaur...).
6. Where do you spend your free time?
I recently bought a house, so I have been spending my weekends doing minor renovations and yard work.